This is a simulation about teambuilding, establishing cooperative rules and achieving common goals.
Participants play the role of fishing company owners living off of fishing from one common lake. Due to the limited resources of the lake and the risk of losing completely the possibility to fish, the fishermen have to find a solution that will enable them to continue fishing to earn their living.
The game is a metaphor for the organization and its ability to run in various teams and varied people. Managing a common fishing lake is an excellent chance to experience challenges in cooperation in an interactive manner.
Benefits for the organization
- Understanding the role of leadership in building team motivation and engagement
- Ability to establish strategic team goals and choose the management strategy to achieve them
- Building relationships within the team based on trust and the awareness of common goals
- Efficient communication – how to use it in order to achieve established goals
- Establishing goals and cooperation strategies within the management and the whole organization
- Implementing change
- Presenting new directions for development to teams
- Leadership competences and skills development in change processes, conflict situations and prevention the decrease of team motivation and productivity
- Increasing motivation, efficient goal and result achievement with personal and team satisfaction
Number of players: 12+
I find the game interesting, requiring strategy thinking and demonstrating the benefits resulting from teamwork in an unusual and interesting way.
Thanks to the game our team had great fun and got guidelines which areas we should work on more to achieve better results as a team.