Game descriptionA simulation about the optimization of processes within the organization. Classic among international training games.
It is a simulation of orders and products flow between the brewery, the distributor, the wholesaler and the retailer. Having limited access to information participants usually fall in the trap: with consecutive rounds the chain becomes more and more unstable and the effect of panic ensues. Everyone believes that the other chains are responsible for the destabilization.
The game is based on the metaphor of beer cases supply chain. It demonstrates how the lack of communication, cooperation and information flow affect the organization efficiency. It raises the awareness on the importance of each of the elements in the smooth running of the organization. The game also shows consequences of decisions made: how decisions taken within one chain may destabilize the whole chain.
DetailsDuration: 2-3 hours (+ debriefing and workshop)
Number of players: 4+
Benefits for the organization
- Understanding main challenges related to the supply chain (especially the mechanism and consequences of the ‘bullwhip effect’)
- Developing systemic thinking, seeing the interrelations between activities in different areas, perceiving the organization and its environment as a system of communicating vessels
- Understanding the role of communication, cooperation and information flow in the supply chain
- Systemic thinking
- Common goals
- Overcoming silo issues
- Coordination of activities of the supply chain
- Communication in change management
- Seeing the ‘big picture’
- Process optimization
- Raising the awareness about processes in every department
- Cooperation within the team and between teams
- Development programs for managers and specialists
- Talent development programs
- Integration and educational meeting
Want to learn more?
If you want to find out more about workshops based on games and simulations and see how you can use them in your organization, please contact us at +48 22 468 85 52.